The return of my Janome 8002DX has sparked a surge of “I must make things before it breaks again” so today I finished off the kimono I was making a few weeks ago when it last broke.
I picked up a little snippet of this voile from Spotlight maybe a month ago with the precise plan of making this. I love a good robe, so pampering in the afternoons where I change out of my work uniform and right into my pajamas – yes I do know how lazy that is but I also get home pretty late.
Construction was super simple and went together so quickly, the only thing I really did change was instead of folding the fabric under, which I decided would be too difficult mainly because the laundry isn’t airconditioned, I bias bound it with a picot edge bias tape from Junee & Pop. I love the effect!
The overall effect leaves me with something that does have the effect of a true kimono with the oversized sleeves, and the adorable waist sash. I sent a photo to my mum who immediately replied with ‘konichiwa’. Apologies also for the less than ideal quality images, they’re all thanks to my iPhone due to my SD card breaking. Happy Valentines weekend!